Monday, 12 March 2012

Mothers Day

With Mothers Day approaching this Sunday, I wanted to tell you about my mum.  As are most mums she is amazing, she is one of the busiest people I know, but always has time for everyone. Every time I see her she has taken on a new challenge or is doing something for someone.  Mum has recently retrained for a new job, started her own business and is an active church deacon.

It was my mum who introduced me to Aromatherapy when I was in my teens, starting off with simple oils like tea tree and lavender oil and working me up into the more complicated until I knew more than see did. She is proud that I have taken this further and I am now working with the oils.  I am now the supplier of her face oil, a combination that I haven't made for anyone else.

My mum took me to my first theatre trip when I was 9, we went to see fiddler on the roof, starting a love for the theatre and I went on to study drama at school. It was my mum who introduced me to the Discworld book series by Terry Pratchett, which went on to enhance my life in a big way.




My mum got me sewing, patchworking and quilting.  She encouraged all my interests as a child taking me to dance classes, horse riding lessons and not even batting an eyelid when I joined the Army cadets.  As I was a clumsy child and neither the gymnastic classes or the dance classes helped to improve this, I think she sent me to the local St Johns Ambulance for my own safety.  This was fine by me as I got to attend the local theatre performances as part of the St Johns Ambulance.

Mum was quite subtle in encouraging me into other areas, unlike my Dad who gave me a book when I was 16 called "how to leave home and like it" she would have "found this and I thought I might like it"  or left something in my bedroom for me to find.

Now I am 33, I have a daughter of my own and she is still full of time, patience and wisdom for me. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful caring mum and no matter what we do on Sunday, I know that I will never truly be able to show or express how grateful I am for having such a wonderful mum.



Even if she did try and sell me.



No comments:

Post a Comment